|§ 85||Every person who gives or offers to give a bribe to any Member of the …|
|§ 86||Every Member of either house of the Legislature, or any member of the …|
|§ 88||Every Member of the Legislature, and every member of a legislative …|
Terms Used In California Codes > Penal Code > Part 1 > Title 6
- bribe: signifies anything of value or advantage, present or prospective, or any promise or undertaking to give any, asked, given, or accepted, with a corrupt intent to influence, unlawfully, the person to whom it is given, in his or her action, vote, or opinion, in any public or official capacity. See California Penal Code 7
- Committee membership: Legislators are assigned to specific committees by their party. Seniority, regional balance, and political philosophy are the most prominent factors in the committee assignment process.
- county: includes "city and county". See California Penal Code 7
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- person: includes a corporation as well as a natural person. See California Penal Code 7
- property: includes property real and personal. See California Civil Code 14
- Restitution: The court-ordered payment of money by the defendant to the victim for damages caused by the criminal action.
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories, and the words "United States" may include the district and territories. See California Penal Code 7
- will: includes codicil. See California Civil Code 14