|§ 85||Every person who gives or offers to give a bribe to any Member of the …|
|§ 86||Every Member of either house of the Legislature, or any member of the …|
|§ 88||Every Member of the Legislature, and every member of a legislative …|
Terms Used In California Codes > Penal Code > Part 1 > Title 6
- Agreement: includes but is not limited to agreements providing for valuations, appraisals and similar proceedings and agreements between employers and employees or between their respective representatives. See California Government Code 38733
- Award: includes but is not limited to an award made pursuant to an agreement not in writing. See California Government Code 38733
- bribe: signifies anything of value or advantage, present or prospective, or any promise or undertaking to give any, asked, given, or accepted, with a corrupt intent to influence, unlawfully, the person to whom it is given, in his or her action, vote, or opinion, in any public or official capacity. See California Education Code 1012
- City: includes "city and county" and "incorporated town" but does not include "unincorporated town" or "village. See California Education Code 19429
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- county: includes "city and county". See California Education Code 1012
- County: includes city and county. See California Education Code 19428
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- Gift: A voluntary transfer or conveyance of property without consideration, or for less than full and adequate consideration based on fair market value.
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- legislative body: means board of trustees, city council, or other governing body of a city. See California Government Code 16367.71
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- Neutral arbitrator: means an arbitrator who is (1) . See California Government Code 38733
- Party to the arbitration: means a party to the arbitration agreement:
California Government Code 38733
- Person: includes any person, firm, association, organization, partnership, limited liability company, business trust, corporation, or company. See California Education Code 19426
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.
- Restitution: The court-ordered payment of money by the defendant to the victim for damages caused by the criminal action.
- state agency: includes every state office, officer, department, division, bureau, board, and commission. See California Government Code 11000
- Subdivision: means a subdivision of the section in which the term occurs unless some other section is expressly mentioned. See California Education Code 19404
- Writing: includes printing and typewriting. See California Education Code 17389