|Chapter 1||Floating Lumber|
|Chapter 2||Marking Logs and Timber|
Terms Used In California Codes > Public Resources Code > Division 4 > Part 3 - LUMBER, LOGS AND TIMBER
- authority: means the Siskiyou Railroad Authority. See California Government Code 93102
- Beneficiary: A person who is entitled to receive the benefits or proceeds of a will, trust, insurance policy, retirement plan, annuity, or other contract. Source: OCC
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- County: includes city and county. See California Government Code 19
- County: includes "city and county. See California Public Resources Code 14
- Creditable coverage: means :
California Health and Safety Code 1399.801
- department: means State Department of Health Services. See California Health and Safety Code 20
- Director: means "State Director of Health Services. See California Health and Safety Code 21
- districts: means one or more irrigation districts together with one or more county water districts. See California Water Code 23450
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Fair market value: The price at which an asset would change hands in a transaction between a willing, informed buyer and a willing, informed seller.
- Federally eligible defined individual: means an individual who as of the date on which the individual seeks coverage under this part, (1) has 18 or more months of creditable coverage, and whose most recent prior creditable coverage was under a group health plan, a federal governmental plan maintained for federal employees, or a governmental plan or church plan as defined in the federal Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 (29 U. See California Health and Safety Code 1399.801
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- In force business: means an existing health benefit plan contract issued by the plan to a federally eligible defined individual. See California Health and Safety Code 1399.801
- License: means , and "licensed" refers to, a license as a plan pursuant to Section 1353. See California Health and Safety Code 1345
- licensed: refers to , a license as a plan pursuant to Section 1353. See California Health and Safety Code 1345
- New business: means a health care service plan contract issued to an eligible individual that is not the plan's in force business. See California Health and Safety Code 1399.801
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Person: means any person, individual, firm, association, organization, partnership, business trust, foundation, labor organization, corporation, limited liability company, public agency, or political subdivision of the state. See California Health and Safety Code 1345
- plan: refers to health care service plans and specialized health care service plans. See California Health and Safety Code 1345
- Plan contract: means a contract between a plan and its subscribers or enrollees or a person contracting on their behalf pursuant to which health care services, including basic health care services, are furnished. See California Health and Safety Code 1345
- Provider: means any professional person, organization, health facility, or other person or institution licensed by the state to deliver or furnish health care services. See California Health and Safety Code 1345
- Public law: A public bill or joint resolution that has passed both chambers and been enacted into law. Public laws have general applicability nationwide.
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.
- Service area: means a geographical area designated by the plan within which a plan shall provide health care services. See California Health and Safety Code 1345
- Solicitation: means any presentation or advertising conducted by, or on behalf of, a plan, where information regarding the plan, or services offered and charges therefor, is disseminated for the purpose of inducing persons to subscribe to, or enroll in, the plan. See California Health and Safety Code 1345
- Solicitor: means any person who engages in the acts defined in subdivision ( l). See California Health and Safety Code 1345
- Spouse: includes "registered domestic partner" as required by Section 297. See California Health and Safety Code 12.2
- State: means the State of California, unless applied to the different parts of the United States. See California Water Code 18
- Subscriber: means the person who is responsible for payment to a plan or whose employment or other status, except for family dependency, is the basis for eligibility for membership in the plan. See California Health and Safety Code 1345
- United States: means the United States of America, and in relation to any particular matter includes the officers, agents, employees, agencies, or instrumentalities authorized to act in relation thereto. See California Water Code 20