|Chapter 1||California Conservation Camp Program|
Terms Used In California Codes > Public Resources Code > Division 4 > Part 4 - CONSERVATION AND TRAINING PROGRAM
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- authority: means the Siskiyou Railroad Authority. See California Government Code 93102
- camps: means any camps now or hereafter established, as provided by law, for the purpose of receiving prisoners committed to the custody of the Director of Corrections and wards committed to the Director of the Youth Authority, and in which the work projects performed by the inmates or wards are supervised by employees of the department. See California Public Resources Code 4952
- Child: means any individual under 19 years of age. See California Health and Safety Code 1399.825
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- County: includes "city and county. See California Public Resources Code 14
- department: means State Department of Health Services. See California Health and Safety Code 20
- Dependent: A person dependent for support upon another.
- Director: means "State Director of Health Services. See California Health and Safety Code 21
- Enrollee: means a person who is enrolled in a plan and who is a recipient of services from the plan. See California Health and Safety Code 1345
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Individual grandfathered plan coverage: means health care coverage in which an individual was enrolled on March 23, 2010, consistent with Section 1251 of PPACA and any rules or regulations adopted pursuant to that law. See California Health and Safety Code 1399.825
- Initial open enrollment period: means the open enrollment period beginning on January 1, 2011, and ending 60 days thereafter. See California Health and Safety Code 1399.825
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Open enrollment period: means the annual open enrollment period, subsequent to the initial open enrollment period, applicable to each individual child that is the month of the child's birth date. See California Health and Safety Code 1399.825
- Person: means any person, individual, firm, association, organization, partnership, business trust, foundation, labor organization, corporation, limited liability company, public agency, or political subdivision of the state. See California Health and Safety Code 1345
- plan: refers to health care service plans and specialized health care service plans. See California Health and Safety Code 1345
- Plan contract: means a contract between a plan and its subscribers or enrollees or a person contracting on their behalf pursuant to which health care services, including basic health care services, are furnished. See California Health and Safety Code 1345
- PPACA: means the federal Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (Public Law 111-148), as amended by the Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act of 2010 (Public Law 111-152), and any subsequent rules or regulations issued pursuant to that law. See California Health and Safety Code 1399.825
- Responsible party for a child: means an adult having custody of the child or with responsibility for the financial needs of the child, including the responsibility to provide health care coverage. See California Health and Safety Code 1399.825
- Service area: means a geographical area designated by the plan within which a plan shall provide health care services. See California Health and Safety Code 1345
- Solicitor: means any person who engages in the acts defined in subdivision ( l). See California Health and Safety Code 1345
- specialized health care service plan: means either of the following:
California Health and Safety Code 1345