|§ 4781||“Foreign judgment” defined|
|§ 4782||Filing and status of foreign judgments|
|§ 4783||Notice of filing|
|§ 4786||Right to enforce judgment unimpaired|
|§ 4787||Short title|
Terms Used In Delaware Code > Title 10 > Chapter 47 > Subchapter V
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- Appeal: A request made after a trial, asking another court (usually the court of appeals) to decide whether the trial was conducted properly. To make such a request is "to appeal" or "to take an appeal." One who appeals is called the appellant.
- Building: means a structure having a roof and intended to shelter persons, animals, property or a business activity. See Delaware Code Title 10 Sec. 4756
- Building sewer system: means equipment, appliances, pipes, fittings, fixtures and other appurtenances that convey liquid and water-carried waste from the building or structure to a public sewer, private sewer, individual sewage disposal system or other point of disposal. See Delaware Code Title 10 Sec. 4756
- constructed: means the building, installation, alteration, repair, replacement, maintenance, removal or demolition of a building, structure, mechanical system, fuel gas system, plumbing system, building sewer or similar system, or the components thereof. See Delaware Code Title 10 Sec. 4756
- Continuance: Putting off of a hearing ot trial until a later time.
- Contractor: means a person engaged in construction activity regulated by the New Castle County Building Code. See Delaware Code Title 10 Sec. 4756
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- County Council: shall mean the County Council for New Castle County. See Delaware Code Title 10 Sec. 4756
- Department of Land Use: shall mean the New Castle County Department of Land Use. See Delaware Code Title 10 Sec. 4756
- Docket: A log containing brief entries of court proceedings.
- Fuel gas system: shall mean natural or liquid gas appliances and related accessories, including gas piping extending from the point of delivery to the inlet connections of appliances. See Delaware Code Title 10 Sec. 4756
- Mechanical system: shall mean a system permanently installed and utilized to provide for the control of environmental conditions and related processes within buildings and structures, including equipment, appliances, fixtures, fittings, and appurtenances, including ventilating, heating, cooling, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, incinerators and other energy related systems. See Delaware Code Title 10 Sec. 4756
- Permit: includes any building permit, license, zoning permit, certificate of occupancy, certificate of use, certificate of completion, subdivision approval and any other official action of government having the effect of permitting construction, occupancy or use. See Delaware Code Title 10 Sec. 4756
- Personal property: All property that is not real property.
- Plumbing system: means the equipment, appliances, pipes, fittings, fixtures and other appurtenances in or about a building or structure for bringing in the water supply and removing liquid and water-carried waste. See Delaware Code Title 10 Sec. 4756
- State: means the State of Delaware; and when applied to different parts of the United States, it includes the District of Columbia and the several territories and possessions of the United States. See Delaware Code Title 6 Sec. 4307
- Structure: shall mean a man made object having an ascertainable stationary location on land or in water, whether or not affixed to the land. See Delaware Code Title 10 Sec. 4756
- United States: includes its territories and possessions and the District of Columbia. See Delaware Code Title 6 Sec. 4307