|Subchapter I||Compact for Education||8201|
|Subchapter II||Interstate Agreement on Qualification of Educational Personnel||8211 – 8213|
Terms Used In Delaware Code > Title 14 > Chapter 82
- Account: means an individual account, a trust account, or a savings account established in accordance with the provisions of this chapter. See Delaware Code Title 16 Sec. 5307
- Account owner: means an eligible individual, or if the eligible individual is under 18 years of age or is incapacitated, a parent or legal guardian of the eligible individual. See Delaware Code Title 16 Sec. 5307
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Bank holding company: means a company, as defined by the federal Bank Holding Company Act of 1956 (12 U. See Delaware Code Title 5 Sec. 851
- Board: shall mean the Plans Management Board pursuant to § 2722 of Title 29. See Delaware Code Title 16 Sec. 5307
- Continuance: Putting off of a hearing ot trial until a later time.
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Delaware bank holding company: means a bank holding company with bank subsidiaries whose operations are principally conducted in Delaware. See Delaware Code Title 5 Sec. 851
- Department: means the Department of Health and Social Services. See Delaware Code Title 16 Sec. 101
- Designated beneficiary: means , with respect to an account or accounts, the eligible individual whose qualified disability expenses are expected to be paid from the account. See Delaware Code Title 16 Sec. 5307
- Devise: To gift property by will.
- Director: means the Director of the Division of Public Health, or such persons as may be designated by the Director. See Delaware Code Title 16 Sec. 101
- Division: means the Division of Public Health. See Delaware Code Title 16 Sec. 101
- Donor: The person who makes a gift.
- Eligible individual: means a resident of any state who is:
- Equitable: Pertaining to civil suits in "equity" rather than in "law." In English legal history, the courts of "law" could order the payment of damages and could afford no other remedy. See damages. A separate court of "equity" could order someone to do something or to cease to do something. See, e.g., injunction. In American jurisprudence, the federal courts have both legal and equitable power, but the distinction is still an important one. For example, a trial by jury is normally available in "law" cases but not in "equity" cases. Source: U.S. Courts
- Ex officio: Literally, by virtue of one's office.
- Federal ABLE Act: means the Stephen J. See Delaware Code Title 16 Sec. 5307
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Oversight: Committee review of the activities of a Federal agency or program.
- Personal property: All property that is not real property.
- Program: means the Delaware Achieving a Better Life Experience Program established by this chapter. See Delaware Code Title 16 Sec. 5307
- Qualified disability expenses: means any expenses related to the eligible individual's blindness or disability which are made for the benefit of an eligible individual who is the designated beneficiary, including the following expenses: education, housing, transportation, employment training and support, assistive technology and personal support services, health, prevention and wellness, financial management and administrative services, legal fees, expenses for oversight and monitoring, funeral and burial expenses, and other expenses, which are approved by the federal regulations. See Delaware Code Title 16 Sec. 5307
- Question: means any proposition or other question to be submitted to the voters. See Delaware Code Title 15 Sec. 101
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.
- Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant.
- Secretary: means the Secretary of the Department of Health and Social Services or such persons as may be designated by the Secretary. See Delaware Code Title 16 Sec. 101
- State Board: consists of 9 members who are citizens of this State and appointed as follows:
(1) The Governor shall appoint, with Senate confirmation, 7 voting members. See Delaware Code Title 14 Sec. 104
- Trust account: A general term that covers all types of accounts in a trust department, such as estates, guardianships, and agencies. Source: OCC