The Office of Substance Abuse Services, as a component of the Department of Health and Social Services, may, subject to the express provisions of other sections of this chapter:
(1) Plan for, establish, amend and revise standards for treatment programs when necessary or desirable;
(2) Make contracts necessary or incidental to the performance of its duties and the execution of its powers;
(3) Solicit and accept for use any money, real property or personal property made by will or otherwise and any grant of money, services or property from the federal government, the State or any political subdivision thereof or any private source, and do all things necessary to cooperate with the federal government or any of its agencies in making an application for any grants;
(4) Administer or supervise the administration of the provisions relating to persons in need of treatment of any state plan submitted for federal funding pursuant to federal health, welfare or treatment legislation;
(5) Coordinate its activities with the Department of Services for Children, Youth and Their Families, and cooperate with alcohol and drug treatment programs in this and other states, and make contracts and other joint or cooperative arrangements with state, local or private agencies in this and other states to provide services to persons in need of treatment;
(6) Keep records and engage in the gathering of relevant statistics;
(7) Do other acts and things necessary to execute the authority expressly granted to it; and
(8) Acquire, hold or dispose of real property or any interest therein, and construct, lease or otherwise provide treatment facilities for persons in need of treatment.
Terms Used In Delaware Code Title 16 Sec. 2204
- Department: means the Department of Health and Social Services. See Delaware Code Title 16 Sec. 101
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Personal property: All property that is not real property.
- real property: is synonymous with the phrase "lands, tenements and hereditaments. See Delaware Code Title 6 Sec. 4307
- State: means the State of Delaware; and when applied to different parts of the United States, it includes the District of Columbia and the several territories and possessions of the United States. See Delaware Code Title 6 Sec. 4307