Delaware Code > Title 25 > Chapter 25 – Mortgaging of Leasehold Interests
Terms Used In Delaware Code > Title 25 > Chapter 25
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Fee simple: Absolute title to property with no limitations or restrictions regarding the person who may inherit it.
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Mortgage: The written agreement pledging property to a creditor as collateral for a loan.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.