|§ 6502||Quality assessment||30|
Terms Used In Delaware Code > Title 30 > Chapter 65
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Annuity: A periodic (usually annual) payment of a fixed sum of money for either the life of the recipient or for a fixed number of years. A series of payments under a contract from an insurance company, a trust company, or an individual. Annuity payments are made at regular intervals over a period of more than one full year.
- Attachment: A procedure by which a person's property is seized to pay judgments levied by the court.
- Beneficiary: A person who is entitled to receive the benefits or proceeds of a will, trust, insurance policy, retirement plan, annuity, or other contract. Source: OCC
- Board: means the Tax Appeal Board. See Delaware Code Title 29 Sec. 2544
- CMS: means the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services of the United States Department of Health and Human Services. See Delaware Code Title 29 Sec. 5503
- Department: means the Department of Finance. See Delaware Code Title 29 Sec. 2544
- DHSS: means the Delaware Department of Health and Social Services. See Delaware Code Title 29 Sec. 5503
- Fiscal year: shall mean the time period from July 1 to June 30. See Delaware Code Title 29 Sec. 5503
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- managed care company under contract to the Medicaid agency: means an entity that meets the definition of an MCO under 42 C. See Delaware Code Title 29 Sec. 5503
- Medicare resident day: means :
- Month: means a calendar month, unless otherwise expressed. See Delaware Code Title 6 Sec. 4307
- Non-Medicare resident day: means a resident day not paid for by the Medicare program, a Medicare Advantage or special needs plan, or by a Medicare hospice program. See Delaware Code Title 29 Sec. 5503
- Nursing facility: means a nursing facility as defined and licensed pursuant to Chapter 11 of Title 16. See Delaware Code Title 29 Sec. 5503
- Nursing facility services: has the meaning given that term in 42 C. See Delaware Code Title 29 Sec. 5503
- Resident day: means a calendar day of care provided to a nursing facility resident, including the day of admission and excluding the day of discharge, provided that 1 resident day shall be deemed to exist when admission and discharge occur on the same day. See Delaware Code Title 29 Sec. 5503
- State: means a state of the United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, The United States Virgin Islands, or any territory or insular possession subject to the jurisdiction of the United States. See Delaware Code Title 30 Sec. 502
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- United States: includes its territories and possessions and the District of Columbia. See Delaware Code Title 6 Sec. 4307