Every dealer in agricultural products proposing to transact business with producers and/or auction markets in this State shall file a written application for a license or for the renewal of a license with the Department. The application shall be on a form furnished by the Department and shall contain the following information along with such other information as the Department shall require: (1) The name and address of the applicant and that of its local agents, if any, and the location of its principal place of business; (2) the kinds of agricultural products the applicant proposes to handle; (3) the type of produce business proposed to be conducted. All licenses shall expire on March 31 of each year.
Terms Used In Delaware Code Title 3 Sec. 2503
- Agricultural products: means fruits and vegetables, and for the purpose of this chapter shall be construed to include, but not by way of limitation, apples, cabbage, cantaloupes, cucumbers, melons, potatoes, sweet corn and tomatoes. See Delaware Code Title 7 Sec. 4195
- Dealer: means any person who solicits or receives any agricultural products from the producer or other supplier on consignment as a commission merchant, or who purchases agricultural products for resale at wholesale as a dealer, or who negotiates the purchase or sale of any agricultural product as a broker. See Delaware Code Title 7 Sec. 4195
- Department: means the Delaware Department of Agriculture. See Delaware Code Title 7 Sec. 4195
- State: means the State of Delaware; and when applied to different parts of the United States, it includes the District of Columbia and the several territories and possessions of the United States. See Delaware Code Title 6 Sec. 4307
- Year: means a calendar year, and is equivalent to the words "year of our Lord. See Delaware Code Title 6 Sec. 4307