(a) The Secretary shall have the power to issue an order to any person violating any provision of this chapter to cease and desist from such violation; provided, that any cease and desist order issued pursuant to this section shall expire (1) after 90 days of its issuance, or (2) upon withdrawal of said order by the Secretary, or (3) when the order is suspended by an injunction, whichever should first occur.
Terms Used In Delaware Code Title 3 Sec. 2511
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Injunction: An order of the court prohibiting (or compelling) the performance of a specific act to prevent irreparable damage or injury.
- Person: means any individual, firm, partnership, corporation, company, association, society, joint-stock company or syndicate, their lessees, trustees or receivers. See Delaware Code Title 7 Sec. 4195
- Secretary: means the Secretary of the Delaware Department of Agriculture. See Delaware Code Title 7 Sec. 4195
- Year: means a calendar year, and is equivalent to the words "year of our Lord. See Delaware Code Title 6 Sec. 4307
(b) Whoever violates this chapter, or an order of the Secretary, shall be punishable as follows:
(1) For the 1st offense, be fined not less than $500 nor more than $1,000, or be confined in jail for a period not exceeding 6 months, or both;
(2) Upon conviction of a 2nd offense shall be fined not less than $2,000 nor more than $5,000, or be confined in jail for a period not exceeding 1 year, or both, in the discretion of the court.