For the purposes of this chapter:
(1) ”Person” means any individual, partnership, association, joint stock association or corporation, but does not include the United States government or the government of this State.
(2) ”Licensee” means a person duly licensed by the State Bank Commissioner pursuant to this chapter.
(3) ”Check” means any check, draft, money order, personal money order or other instrument for the transmission or payment of money.
(4) ”Personal money order” means any instrument for the transmission or payment of money in relation to which the purchaser or remitter appoints or purports to appoint the seller thereof as his agent for the receipt, transmission or handling of money, whether such instrument be signed by the seller or by the purchaser or remitter or some other person.
(5) ”Sell” means to sell, to issue, or to deliver a check.
(6) ”Deliver” means to deliver a check to the first person who in payment for same makes or purports to make a remittance of or against the face amount thereof, whether or not the deliverer also charges a fee in addition to the face amount, and whether or not the deliverer signs the check.
(7) ”Commissioner” means the State Bank Commissioner.
(8) ”Accelerated mortgage payment provider” means any person who, in accordance with a written contract, receives funds from a mortgagor to transmit, on behalf of such mortgagor, to a lender or servicer in order to exceed regularly scheduled minimum payment obligations under the terms of the indebtedness.
Terms Used In Delaware Code Title 5 Sec. 2302
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Mortgage: The written agreement pledging property to a creditor as collateral for a loan.
- Mortgagor: The person who pledges property to a creditor as collateral for a loan and who receives the money.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- State: means the State of Delaware; and when applied to different parts of the United States, it includes the District of Columbia and the several territories and possessions of the United States. See Delaware Code Title 6 Sec. 4307
- United States: includes its territories and possessions and the District of Columbia. See Delaware Code Title 6 Sec. 4307