As used in this subchapter:
(1) ”Bank” means any bank or bank and trust company organized under this title or any other law or laws of this State, any depository institution organized under the authority of the United States and having its principal place of business in this State and any foreign bank agency.
(2) ”Borrower” means any corporation, partnership, association, government or governmental subdivision or agency, trust, individual or other entity.
(3) ”Individual borrower” means a borrower who is a natural person borrowing for personal, household or family purposes.
(4) ”Revolving credit plan” or “plan” means a plan contemplating the extension of credit under an account governed by an agreement between a bank and a borrower pursuant to which:
a. The bank permits the borrower and, if the agreement governing the plan so provides, persons acting on behalf of or with authorization from the borrower, from time to time to make purchases and/or to obtain loans by use of a credit device;
b. The amounts of such purchases and loans are charged to the borrower’s account under the revolving credit plan;
c. The borrower is required to pay the bank the amounts of all purchases and loans charged to such borrower’s account under the plan but has the privilege of paying such amounts outstanding from time to time in full or otherwise in accordance with the agreement governing the plan; and
d. Interest may be charged and collected by the bank from time to time on the outstanding unpaid indebtedness under such plan.
(5) ”Purchases” mean payments for property of whatever nature, real or personal, tangible or intangible, and payments for services, licenses, taxes, official fees, fines, private or governmental obligations, or any other thing of value.
(6) ”Loans” mean cash advances or loans to be paid to or for the account of the borrower.
(7) ”Credit device” means any card, check, identification code or other means of identification contemplated by the agreement governing the plan.
(8) ”Outstanding unpaid indebtedness” means on any day an amount not in excess of the total amount of purchases and loans charged to the borrower’s account under the plan which is outstanding and unpaid at the end of the day, after adding the aggregate amount of any new purchases and loans charged to the account as of that day and deducting the aggregate amount of any payments and credits applied to that indebtedness as of that day and, if the agreement providing the plan so provides, may include the amount of any periodic interest, interest charges and other charges permitted by this subchapter, including late or delinquency charges, which have accrued in the account and which are unpaid at the end of the day. Purchases and loans may be included in outstanding unpaid indebtedness as of such time as may be specified in the agreement governing the plan.
Terms Used In Delaware Code Title 5 Sec. 941
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Revolving credit: A credit agreement (typically a credit card) that allows a customer to borrow against a preapproved credit line when purchasing goods and services. The borrower is only billed for the amount that is actually borrowed plus any interest due. (Also called a charge account or open-end credit.) Source: OCC
- State: means the State of Delaware; and when applied to different parts of the United States, it includes the District of Columbia and the several territories and possessions of the United States. See Delaware Code Title 6 Sec. 4307
- United States: includes its territories and possessions and the District of Columbia. See Delaware Code Title 6 Sec. 4307