(1) Two or more qualified bidders may bid jointly provided each party has requested the proposal document be issued to the joint venture; the combined joint venture meets the requirements of subsection 14-22.008(1), F.A.C., and the combined Current Capacity of the parties to the joint venture equals or exceeds the budget estimate of the project. The parties to a joint venture shall submit a statement in the name of the joint venture signed by each party, indicating the percentage of proposed contract work to be debited against each one’s Current Capacity. The total of these percentages must equal one hundred percent. No party in the joint venture may exceed its Current Capacity by virtue of the percentage of work to be debited against its available capacity, as expressed on the signed statement and using the budget estimate as the comparison figure. To comply with this section, the parties to a joint venture shall submit Form 375-020-18, Rev. 09/13, Declaration of Joint Venture and Power of Attorney for Bidding on Specified Project(s), hereby incorporated by reference http://www.flrules.org/Gateway/reference.asp?No=Ref-03121, and receive approval prior to the due date of the letter of interest, the request for proposal, or issuance of the proposal, whichever is due or occurs first.
Terms Used In Florida Regulations 14-22.007
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
(2) If the joint venture parties are affiliated in any way as to ownership, officers, or key employees, they may indicate the desired apportionment of the capacity debit.
(3) The provisions of this section regarding the apportionment of the debit among the parties shall in no way divide the responsibility for the joint venture bid or contract among the parties.
(4) Qualified parties who form a joint venture under the provisions of this rule must have a federal Employer Identification Number (EIN) for the joint venture or give proof that the EIN has been requested. The joint venture shall provide this number to the Department before the contract award can be made.
Rulemaking Authority Florida Statutes § 334.044(2), 337.14(1). Law Implemented 337.11, 337.14, 337.164 FS. History—(Formerly Chapter 14-8), New 7-1-67, 8-20-68, 5-9-70, 1-6-72, 9-24-75, Formerly 14-22.01(9), Amended 3-23-79, 11-10-82, 8-25-83, Formerly 14-22.07, Amended 12-20-89, 1-4-94, 7-1-95, 10-10-10, 4-13-14.