Effective date: 2/3/2002
(1) Persons seeking approval as an Alzheimer’s Disease or Related Disorders training provider shall complete DOEA Form ADRD-001, Application for Alzheimer’s Disease or Related Disorders Training Provider Certification, dated November 2001, which is incorporated by reference and available at the Department of Elder Affairs, 4040 Esplanade Way, Tallahassee, Florida 32399-7000. Persons seeking to obtain approval of the Alzheimer’s Disease or Related Disorder curriculum shall complete DOEA Form ADRD-002, Application for Alzheimer’s Disease or Related Disorders Training Three-Year Curriculum Certification, dated November 2001, which is incorporated by reference and available at the Department of Elder Affairs, 4040 Esplanade Way, Tallahassee, Florida 32399-7000. Approval must be obtained from the Department or its designee for the training provider and the training curriculum prior to commencing training activities. Approval of the training curriculum shall be granted for 3 years, whereupon the training curriculum must be re-submitted to the Department or its designee for re-approval.
(2) Upon receipt of the training provider’s or the training curriculum application, the Department or its designee shall respond in writing within 30 calendar days in one of the following three ways:
(a) Notify the applicant that the application is approved or not approved;
(b) Request additional information from the applicant in order to make a determination. Upon receipt of the additional information by the Department or its designee, the Department or its designee will have 30 calendar days to make a determination, or
(c) Notify the applicant that an additional 30 calendar days is needed to review the application and make a determination.
Upon notice of approval from the Department or its designee, the applicant may be identified as an approved training provider or approved training curriculum as indicated by the Department or its designee. The Department or its designee shall maintain a list of approved training providers and training curriculum and provide a list of approved training providers to all interested parties upon request.
(3) If an applicant’s application is not approved, the Department or its designee shall respond in writing within 30 calendar days indicating the reasons for not approving the application and information or documentation needed for approval.
(4) Approved training providers shall maintain records of each course taught for a period of three years following each program presentation. Course records shall include the title of the training program, the number of hours of training, the training provider’s name, the date and location of the course, and a roster of trainees.
(5) Upon successful completion of training, the trainee shall be issued a certificate by the approved training provider. The certificate shall include the title of the approved training course, the number of hours of training, the participant’s name, dates of attendance, location, the training provider’s name, dated signature, and, if held, the trainee’s license or certification number.
(6) The Department reserves the right to attend and monitor training courses, review records and course materials approved pursuant to this rule, and revoke approved training provider status on the basis of non-adherence to approved curricula, the provider’s failure to maintain required training credentials, or circumstances in which the provider is found to knowingly disseminate any false or misleading information.
(7) Certificates of any training required by this rule shall be documented in the facility’s personnel files.
(8) Training providers and curricula which are approved consistent with the provisions of Florida Statutes § 429.178, shall be considered as having met the requirements of this subsection.
Rulemaking authorized by Florida Statutes § 400.1755. Implements Florida Statutes § 400.1755. History—New 2-3-02