Effective date: 10/5/2005
(1) The training provider and curriculum shall be approved by the Department or its designee prior to commencing training activities. The Department or its designee shall maintain a list of approved ADRD training providers and curricula. Approval as a training provider and approval of the curriculum may be obtained as follows:
(a) Applicants seeking approval as ADRD training providers shall complete DOEA form HH/ADRD-001, Application for Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Disorders Training Provider Certification, dated May 2005, which is incorporated by reference and available at the Department of Elder Affairs, 4040 Esplanade Way, Tallahassee, Florida 32399-7000.
(b) Applicants seeking to obtain approval of ADRD curricula shall complete DOEA form HH/ADRD-002, Application for Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Disorders Training Three-Year Curriculum Certification, dated May 2005, which is incorporated by reference and available at the Department of Elder Affairs, 4040 Esplanade Way, Tallahassee, Florida 32399-7000. Approval of the training curriculum shall be granted for 3 years, whereupon the training curriculum must be re-submitted to the Department or its designee for re-approval.
(2) Approved ADRD training providers shall maintain records of each course taught for a period of three years following each program presentation. Course records shall include the title of the approved ADRD training curriculum, the curriculum approval number, the number of hours of training, the training provider’s name and approval number, the date and location of the course, and a roster of trainees.
(3) Upon successful completion of training, the trainee shall be issued a certificate by the approved training provider. The certificate shall include the title of the approved training and the curriculum approval number, the number of hours of training, the trainee’s name, dates of attendance, location and the training provider’s name, approval number and dated signature. The training provider’s signature on the certificate shall serve as documentation that the training provider has completed the required training pursuant to Florida Statutes § 400.4785(1)
(4) The Department or its designee reserves the right to attend and monitor ADRD training courses, review records and course materials approved pursuant to this rule, and revoke approved training provider status on the basis of non-adherence to approved curriculum, the provider’s failure to maintain required training credentials, or if the provider is found to knowingly disseminate any false or misleading information.
(5) Except as notified, certificates of any ADRD training required by this rule shall be documented in the agency’s personnel files.
(6) ADRD training providers and training curricula which are approved consistent with the provisions of Section 400.4178, 400.1755, 400.5571 or 400.6045, F.S., shall be considered as having met the requirements of this subsection.
Rulemaking Authority 400.4785(1)(f) FS. Implements Florida Statutes § 400.4785. History—New 10-5-05.