Terms Used In Michigan Laws 206.965
- Department: means the department of treasury. See Michigan Laws 206.963
- Fund: means the Michigan Alzheimer's association fund created in section 5. See Michigan Laws 206.963
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, shall be construed to extend to and include the District of Columbia and the several territories belonging to the United States; and the words "United States" shall be construed to include the district and territories. See Michigan Laws 8.3o
(1) The Michigan Alzheimer’s association fund is created in the department to provide funds to benefit the programs and services for unpaid caregivers of individuals with Alzheimer’s disease provided by the greater Michigan chapter and the Michigan Great Lakes chapter of the Alzheimer’s association. The department shall be the administrator of the fund for auditing purposes.
(2) The state treasurer shall credit to the fund all amounts appropriated for this purpose under section 435 of the income tax act of 1967, 1967 PA 281, MCL 206.435, and money from any other source for deposit into the fund.
(3) The state treasurer shall direct the investment of the fund. The fund shall consist of the money credited to the fund pursuant to section 435 of the income tax act of 1967, 1967 PA 281, MCL 206.435, any interest and earnings accruing from the saving and investment of that money, and money from any other source.
(4) Money in the fund at the close of the year shall remain in the fund and shall not lapse to the general fund.