Effective date: 8/10/2010
For the purpose of this rule chapter, the definitions in Florida Statutes § 581.011, and the following definitions shall apply:
(1) Commercial Shipments. Shipments of regulated articles intended for public or private sale or distribution within the state.
(2) Compliance Agreement. An agreement, meeting the requirements of subsection 5B-65.005(1), F.A.C., between a shipper and the state of origin pursuant to the Master Permit of the state of origin.
(3) Firewood. Cut wood products intended for burning.
(4) Infected. Regulated articles found with plant disease pathogens.
(5) Infested. Regulated articles found with plant pests.
(6) Master Permit. A permit issued by the department to the state of origin allowing the movement of regulated articles into and within the state and specifying the conditions under which the regulated articles are allowed to be moved.
(7) Plant Disease Pathogen. Any organism that can infect plants and cause plant disease.
(8) Producers. Individuals or companies responsible for cutting, packing or distributing regulated articles into or within the state.
(9) Regulated Articles. Firewood or unprocessed wood products including palm products and cut Christmas trees.
(10) Shippers. Individuals or companies responsible for sending or transporting regulated articles into the state.
(11) Unprocessed wood products. Bark, trunks, limbs, stumps or other woody plant material that results from yard waste, tree trimming, tree removal including wood, incorporated into the construction of furniture, handicrafts, planting containers or other products that have not been treated, processed or finished to eliminate plant disease pathogens, wood boring pests, and wood inhabiting pests as defined in subsections 5B-65.002(7), (12) and (13), F.A.C.
(12) Wood boring pest. Any organism that physically bores into or through the woody part of a plant, including either the outer bark, the inner bark, and/or the stem wood.
(13) Wood inhabiting pest. Any organism that spends part of its life cycle within the woody part of a plant, including either the outer bark, the inner bark, and/or the stem wood.
Rulemaking Authority 570.07(23), 581.031(1), (4), (5), (7) FS. Law Implemented 570.07(2), (13), 581.031(1), (4), (5), (6), (7), (20) FS. History—New 8-10-10.