(1) Any person claiming to have a net worth of $50,000 pursuant to section 539.001(4)(a)2., F.S., shall file with the department, at the time of applying for a license, one of the following:
Terms Used In Florida Regulations 5J-13.003
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Liabilities: The aggregate of all debts and other legal obligations of a particular person or legal entity.
(a) A copy of their current financial statement prepared by a Florida certified public accountant; or
(b) The Pawnbroking Net Worth Affidavit included in FDACS-10111, Pawnbroking Registration Application, Rev. 04/19, incorporated by reference in rule 5J-13.002, F.A.C., or an affidavit provided by the applicant, stating the applicant’s net worth is at least $50,000. Each affidavit must be accompanied by relevant supporting documentation to substantiate the figures therein, including: recent bank statements, the applicant’s most recent federal tax return, property tax documents, or any other documentation relied upon by reasonable persons in valuing the types of assets and liabilities set forth in the affidavit; or
(c) If the applicant is a corporation, a copy of their most recently filed federal tax return.
(2) If filing a bond, letter of credit, or assignment of certificate of deposit pursuant to Florida Statutes § 539.001(4), the applicant shall use the application forms included in FDACS-10111, Pawnbroking Registration Application, Rev. 04/19, incorporated by reference in rule 5J-13.002, F.A.C.
(3) Claims against a bond, letter of credit, or certificate of deposit shall be submitted on FDACS-10986, Pawnshop Claim Affidavit, Rev. 12/14, hereby incorporated by reference. Copies of this form may be obtained from the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, Division of Consumer, 2005 Apalachee Parkway, Attention: Pawnshops, Tallahassee, Florida 32399-6500, or accessed online at: http://www.flrules.org/Gateway/reference.asp?No=Ref-05121.
Rulemaking Authority Florida Statutes § 539.001(21), 570.07(23). Law Implemented 539.001(4)(a)2. FS. History—New 12-10-96, Amended 3-8-12, 4-5-15, 3-30-17, 7-11-19.