|R. 1B-31.002||Florida Real Property Electronic Recording Standards|
Terms Used In Florida Regulations > Chapter 1B-31
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Escrow: Money given to a third party to be held for payment until certain conditions are met.
- Litigation: A case, controversy, or lawsuit. Participants (plaintiffs and defendants) in lawsuits are called litigants.
- Markup: The process by which congressional committees and subcommittees debate, amend, and rewrite proposed legislation.
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.
- Venue: The geographical location in which a case is tried.