|R. 61H1-27.001||College or University Requirements|
|R. 61H1-27.002||Concentrations in Accounting and Business|
|R. 61H1-27.0041||One Year of Work Experience|
|R. 61H1-27.005||Educational Advisory Committee|
Terms Used In Florida Regulations > Chapter 61H1-27
- Actual point of origin: means the geographic location where the travel begins, which is other than the "point of origin" as defined in subsection (15) hereof. See Florida Regulations 69I-42.002
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- Appeal: A request made after a trial, asking another court (usually the court of appeals) to decide whether the trial was conducted properly. To make such a request is "to appeal" or "to take an appeal." One who appeals is called the appellant.
- Appraisal: A determination of property value.
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Beneficiary: A person who is entitled to receive the benefits or proceeds of a will, trust, insurance policy, retirement plan, annuity, or other contract. Source: OCC
- Conference: means the coming together of persons with a common interest or interests for the purpose of deliberation, interchange of views, or for the removal of differences or disputes and for discussion of their common problems and interests. See Florida Regulations 69I-42.002
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Convention: means an assembly of a group of persons representing persons and groups, coming together for the accomplishment of a purpose of interest to a larger group or groups. See Florida Regulations 69I-42.002
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Department: shall mean the State of Florida, Department of Financial Services or its statutorily appointed head, the Chief Financial Officer, and the terms shall have the same meaning and be used interchangeably. See Florida Regulations 69I-42.002
- Emergency notice: means for purposes of Florida Statutes § 112. See Florida Regulations 69I-42.002
- Emergency situation: means circumstances in which there is an immediate danger or a threat of immediate danger to the public health, safety or welfare or of other substantial loss to the state requiring emergency action. See Florida Regulations 69I-42.002
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Meal allowance: means the amount authorized by section 112. See Florida Regulations 69I-42.002
- Mortgage: The written agreement pledging property to a creditor as collateral for a loan.
- Most economical class of transportation: means the class having the lowest fare which is available. See Florida Regulations 69I-42.002
- Nonbusiness day: means , for a public officer or employee, a weekend or an authorized State holiday; for an authorized person means a day on which such person was not scheduled to be performing service or contributing time to an agency. See Florida Regulations 69I-42.002
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Official headquarters: means the geographic location specified by Florida Statutes § 112. See Florida Regulations 69I-42.002
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Personal property: All property that is not real property.
- Personal time: means the time outside the regular work-hours of a business day, a nonbusiness day or a day for which the officer or employee had prior approval for a leave of absence. See Florida Regulations 69I-42.002
- Physically handicapped: means any person diagnosed as having a physical disability, including but not limited to blindness, or the loss of one or more life functions leaving that person mobility-impaired (or sensory-impaired) requiring the use of trained animal companions or prosthetic equipment, including, but not limited to, crutches, walkers, canes, or wheelchairs. See Florida Regulations 69I-42.002
- Point of origin: means the geographic location of the traveler's official headquarters or the geographic location where travel begins, whichever is lesser distance from the destination. See Florida Regulations 69I-42.002
- Settlement: Parties to a lawsuit resolve their difference without having a trial. Settlements often involve the payment of compensation by one party in satisfaction of the other party's claims.
- Transcript: A written, word-for-word record of what was said, either in a proceeding such as a trial or during some other conversation, as in a transcript of a hearing or oral deposition.