(1) The Department of Education may make grants to teachers for special training in exceptional student education to meet professional requirements with respect thereto, and the department is responsible for the administration of such program.
(2) These grants are limited to teachers who:
(a) Hold a full-time contract to teach in a district school system, a state-operated or state-supported program, or an agency or organization under contract with the Department of Education;
Terms Used In Florida Statutes 1009.62
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
(b) Hold a valid Florida educator’s certificate that does not reflect an exceptional-student-education coverage or endorsement that is appropriate for the teacher’s assignment; and
(c) Satisfactorily complete the eligible courses.
(3) Grant amounts are to be determined on the basis of rates established by the Department of Education.
(4) The Department of Education shall administer this program under rules established by the State Board of Education.