(1) The Clerk of the Supreme Court is authorized to employ such deputies and clerical assistants as may be necessary. Their number and compensation shall be approved by the court. The compensation of such employees shall be paid from the annual appropriation for the Supreme Court.
(2)(a) The Clerk of the Supreme Court is hereby required to collect, upon the filing of a certified copy of a notice of appeal or petition, $300 for each case docketed, and for copying, certifying, or furnishing opinions, records, papers, or other instruments, except as otherwise herein provided, the same fees that are allowed clerks of the circuit court; however, no fee shall be less than $1. The State of Florida or its agencies, when appearing as appellant or petitioner, is exempt from the filing fees required in this subsection. From each attorney appearing pro hac vice, the Clerk of the Supreme Court shall collect an additional fee of $100 to be deposited into the General Revenue Fund.
Terms Used In Florida Statutes 25.241
- Appeal: A request made after a trial, asking another court (usually the court of appeals) to decide whether the trial was conducted properly. To make such a request is "to appeal" or "to take an appeal." One who appeals is called the appellant.
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
(b) Upon the filing of a notice of cross-appeal, or a notice of joinder or motion to intervene as an appellant, cross-appellant, or petitioner, the Clerk of the Supreme Court shall charge and collect a filing fee of $295. The clerk shall remit the fee to the Department of Revenue for deposit into the General Revenue Fund. The state and its agencies are exempt from the filing fee required in this paragraph.
(3) The Clerk of the Supreme Court is hereby authorized, immediately after a case is disposed of, to supply the judge who tried the case and from whose order, judgment, or decree, appeal or other review is taken and any court which reviewed it, a copy of all opinions, orders, or judgments filed in such case. Copies of opinions, orders, and decrees shall be furnished in all cases to each attorney of record; copies for publication in Florida reports shall be without charge; and copies furnished to the law book publishers shall be at one-half the regular statutory fee.
(4) The Clerk of the Supreme Court is hereby required to prepare a statement of all fees collected each month and remit such statement, together with all fees collected by him or her, to the Chief Financial Officer. The Chief Financial Officer shall deposit $250 of each $300 filing fee and all other fees collected into the General Revenue Fund. The Chief Financial Officer shall deposit $50 of each filing fee collected into the State Courts Revenue Trust Fund to fund court operations as authorized in the General Appropriations Act.