Terms Used In Florida Statutes 27.0055
- Court reporter: A person who makes a word-for-word record of what is said in court and produces a transcript of the proceedings upon request.
- Reporter: Makes a record of court proceedings and prepares a transcript, and also publishes the court's opinions or decisions (in the courts of appeals).
(1) The term “official court reporter” means any individual appointed as an official court reporter pursuant to former chapter 29 prior to the effective date of this act.
(2) It shall not constitute a violation of chapter 112 for an official court reporter to either directly or indirectly purchase, rent, or utilize any goods or services for any court reporting firm in which the official court reporter is an officer, partner, director, or proprietor, or in which the official court reporter has a material interest.
(3) It shall not constitute a violation of chapter 112 for an official court reporter to have or hold any employment or contractual relationship with any business entity or agency which is subject to the regulation of, or is doing business with, any agency of which the court reporter is an officer or employee.
(4) The provisions of this section shall take effect upon becoming a law and shall apply to any individual appointed as an official court reporter prior to the effective date of this section for those actions listed in subsections (2) and (3) above.