(1) The Legislature finds that the State Publications Program increases accessibility to culturally and historically significant information about the state and its government for researchers and the general public through the distribution of state publications to depository libraries throughout the state.
(2) Each state official, state department, state board, state court, or state agency:
(a) Shall furnish its state publications to the division for distribution to depository libraries throughout the state upon the publication’s release in accordance with division rule.
Terms Used In Florida Statutes 257.05
- Department: means the Department of State. See Florida Statutes 257.015
- Depository library: means a library that has been designated as a depository for receiving state publications in accordance with…. See Florida Statutes 257.015
- Division: means the Division of Library and Information Services of the Department of State. See Florida Statutes 257.015
(b) Shall designate a state publications liaison. Upon designation of a liaison, a state official, state department, state board, state court, or state agency shall provide the division with the liaison’s name and contact information. Each state publications liaison shall maintain a list of his or her respective entity’s state publications and furnish the list to the division as updated or by December 31 of each year.
(c) Shall, if having charge of their distribution, furnish the division with daily journals and bound journals of each house of the Legislature, as issued; slip laws and bound session laws, both general and special; and Florida Statutes and supplements thereto. The number of copies furnished shall be determined by requests of the division.
(3) It is the duty of the division to:
(a) Manage the State Publications Program.
(b) Designate university, college, and public libraries as depository libraries for state publications. A depository library must maintain state publications in a form that is convenient and accessible to the public. The division shall be the official repository for state publications.
(c) Create a distribution system to provide copies of state publications to depository libraries.
(d) Create a periodic bibliography for the State Publications Program.
The division may exchange copies of state publications for those of other states, territories, and countries.