Terms Used In Florida Statutes 257.193
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Department: means the Department of State. See Florida Statutes 257.015
- Division: means the Division of Library and Information Services of the Department of State. See Florida Statutes 257.015
(1) There is created within the Department of State a Community Libraries in Caring Program.
(2) The purpose of the Community Libraries in Caring Program is to assist libraries in rural communities, as defined in s. 288.0656(2) and subject to the provisions of s. 288.06561, to strengthen their collections and services, improve literacy in their communities, and improve the economic viability of their communities.
(3) A library under this program is encouraged to demonstrate local or other support for its services, including monetary contributions, in-kind contributions, or other forms of assistance.
(4) Subject to legislative appropriation, the Division of Library and Information Services within the Department of State shall administer the program, which shall facilitate the exchange of ideas and services between libraries in rural communities and communities in other parts of the state.