Terms Used In Florida Statutes 420.0005
- Corporation: means the Florida Housing Finance Corporation. See Florida Statutes 420.0004
- Department: means the Department of Economic Opportunity. See Florida Statutes 420.0004
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
(1) There is established in the State Treasury a separate trust fund to be named the “State Housing Trust Fund.” There shall be deposited in the fund all moneys appropriated by the Legislature, or moneys received from any other source, for the purpose of this chapter, and all proceeds derived from the use of such moneys. The fund shall be administered by the Florida Housing Finance Corporation on behalf of the department, as specified in this chapter. Money deposited to the fund and appropriated by the Legislature must, notwithstanding the provisions of chapter 216 or s. 420.504(3), be transferred quarterly in advance, to the extent available, or, if not so available, as soon as received into the State Housing Trust Fund, and subject to the provisions of s. 420.5092(6)(a) and (b) by the Chief Financial Officer to the corporation upon certification by the executive director of the Department of Economic Opportunity that the corporation is in compliance with the requirements of s. 420.0006. The certification made by the executive director shall also include the split of funds among programs administered by the corporation and the department as specified in chapter 92-317, Laws of Florida, as amended. Moneys advanced by the Chief Financial Officer must be deposited by the corporation into a separate fund established with a qualified public depository meeting the requirements of chapter 280 to be named the “State Housing Fund” and used for the purposes of this chapter. Administrative and personnel costs incurred in implementing this chapter may be paid from the State Housing Fund, but such costs may not exceed 5 percent of the moneys deposited into such fund. To the State Housing Fund shall be credited all loan repayments, penalties, and other fees and charges accruing to such fund under this chapter. It is the intent of this chapter that all loan repayments, penalties, and other fees and charges collected be credited in full to the program account from which the loan originated. Moneys in the State Housing Fund which are not currently needed for the purposes of this chapter shall be invested in such manner as is provided for by statute. The interest received on any such investment shall be credited to the State Housing Fund.
1(2) For the 2019-2020 fiscal year, funds may be used as provided in the General Appropriations Act. This subsection expires July 1, 2020.