(1) It is unlawful for any person to offer for sale at retail any of the items listed in subsection (2) unless such person:
(a) Has a retail tobacco products dealer permit under s. 569.003. The provisions of this chapter apply to any person that offers for retail sale any of the items listed in subsection (2); and
Terms Used In Florida Statutes 569.0073
- Dealer: is synonymous with the term "retail tobacco products dealer. See Florida Statutes 569.002
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Permit: is synonymous with the term "retail tobacco products dealer permit. See Florida Statutes 569.002
- person: includes individuals, children, firms, associations, joint adventures, partnerships, estates, trusts, business trusts, syndicates, fiduciaries, corporations, and all other groups or combinations. See Florida Statutes 1.01
- Tobacco products: includes loose tobacco leaves, and products made from tobacco leaves, in whole or in part, and cigarette wrappers, which can be used for smoking, sniffing, or chewing. See Florida Statutes 569.002
(b)1. Derives at least 75 percent of its annual gross revenues from the retail sale of cigarettes, cigars, and other tobacco products; or
2. Derives no more than 25 percent of its annual gross revenues from the retail sale of the items listed in subsection (2).
(2) The following smoking pipes and smoking devices are subject to the provisions of this section:
(a) Metal, wooden, acrylic, glass, stone, plastic, or ceramic smoking pipes, with or without screens, permanent screens, or punctured metal bowls.
(b) Water pipes.
(c) Carburetion tubes and devices.
(d) Chamber pipes.
(e) Carburetor pipes.
(f) Electric pipes.
(g) Air-driven pipes.
(j) Ice pipes or chillers.