The purposes of ss. 573.101–573.124 are to:
(1) Enable producers of agricultural commodities of this state, with the aid of the state, to correlate more effectively the marketing of their agricultural commodities with market demands therefor.
(2) Establish and maintain orderly marketing of agricultural commodities.
(3) Provide methods for the maintenance of present markets, or for the development of new and larger markets for agricultural commodities grown in this state.
(4) Provide for uniform grading and proper preparation of agricultural commodities for market.
(5) Eliminate or reduce economic waste in the marketing of agricultural commodities grown in this state.
(6) Provide for the funding of production research, harvesting research, economic research, environmental research, and marketing research.