Terms Used In Florida Statutes 590.081
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- person: includes individuals, children, firms, associations, joint adventures, partnerships, estates, trusts, business trusts, syndicates, fiduciaries, corporations, and all other groups or combinations. See Florida Statutes 1.01
(1) The Commissioner of Agriculture may declare a severe drought emergency to exist and describe the general boundaries of the area affected.
(2) Any declaration by the Commissioner of Agriculture under authority of this section shall be effective immediately upon being filed with the Department of State and shall remain in full force and effect until conditions warrant a revocation. In order to end the declaration, the commissioner must file a revocation of the declaration with the Department of State.
(3) It is unlawful for any person to set fire to, or cause fire to be set to, any wild lands or to build a campfire or bonfire or to burn trash or other debris within the designated area of a severe drought emergency unless a written permit is obtained from the Florida Forest Service or its designated agent.