Terms Used In Florida Statutes 627.402
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
As used in this part, the term:
(1) “Grandfathered health plan” has the same meaning as provided in 42 U.S.C. s. 18011, subject to the conditions for maintaining status as a grandfathered health plan specified in regulations adopted by the federal Department of Health and Human Services in 45 C.F.R. s. 147.140.
(2) “Nongrandfathered health plan” is a health insurance policy or health maintenance organization contract that is not a grandfathered health plan and does not provide the benefits or coverages specified under s. 627.6513(1)-(14).
(3) “Policy” means a written contract of insurance or written agreement for or effecting insurance, or the certificate thereof, by whatever name called, and includes all clauses, riders, endorsements, and papers that are a part thereof. The term “certificate” as used in this subsection does not include certificates as to group life or health insurance or as to group annuities issued to individual insureds.
(4) “PPACA” means the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, Pub. L. No. 111-148, as amended by the Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act of 2010, Pub. L. No. 111-152, and regulations adopted pursuant to those acts.