Terms Used In Florida Statutes 630.161
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Liabilities: The aggregate of all debts and other legal obligations of a particular person or legal entity.
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.
(1) Upon the filing with the office of a certified copy of the instrument of transfer and assumption pursuant to which a domestic insurer succeeds to the business and assets of the United States branch of an alien insurer and assumes all its liabilities as provided by ss. 630.131–630.161, the domestication of the United States branch shall be deemed to be effective; and thereupon all the rights, franchises, and interests of the United States branch in and to every species of property, real, personal, and mixed, and things in action thereunto belonging shall be deemed as transferred to and vested in the domestic insurer, and simultaneously therewith the domestic insurer shall be deemed to have assumed all of the liabilities of the United States branch.
(2) All deposits of the United States branch held by the department, or state officers or other state regulatory agencies pursuant to requirements of state laws, shall be deemed to be held as security that the domestic insurer will fully perform its assumption as direct liabilities of all the liabilities to policyholders or policyholders and creditors within the United States of the United States branch; and such deposits shall be deemed to be assets of the domestic insurer and shall be reported as such in the annual financial statements and other reports which the domestic insurer may be required to file. Upon the ultimate release by any such state officer or agency of any such deposits, the securities and cash constituting such released deposit shall be delivered and paid over to the domestic insurer as the lawful successor in interest to the United States branch.
(3) Contemporaneously with the consummation of the domestication of the United States branch, notwithstanding any provision of the statutes to the contrary, the department shall transfer to the insurer the securities deposited by the United States branch in compliance with the provisions of this law, and the department shall consent that the trustee of the trusteed assets deposited by the United States branch in compliance with the provisions of this law shall withdraw from the trusteed assets and transfer and deliver over to the domestic insurer all assets held by such trustee.