Terms Used In Florida Statutes 631.737
- association: means the Florida Life and Health Insurance Guaranty Association created in…. See Florida Statutes 631.714
- contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- rescission: The cancellation of budget authority previously provided by Congress. The Impoundment Control Act of 1974 specifies that the President may propose to Congress that funds be rescinded. If both Houses have not approved a rescission proposal (by passing legislation) within 45 days of continuous session, any funds being withheld must be made available for obligation.
The association shall review claims and matters regarding covered policies based upon the record available to it on and after the date of liquidation. Notwithstanding any other provision of this part, in order to allow for orderly claims administration by the association, entry of a liquidation order by a court of competent jurisdiction tolls for 1 year any rescission or noncontestable period allowed by the contract, by the policy, or by law. The association’s obligation is to pay any valid insurance policy or contract claims, if warranted, after its independent de novo review of the policies, contracts, and claims presented to it, whether domestic or foreign, following a rehabilitation or a liquidation.