Terms Used In Florida Statutes 631.814
- Appellate: About appeals; an appellate court has the power to review the judgement of another lower court or tribunal.
- Board: means the board of directors of the plan. See Florida Statutes 631.814
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Health care services: means comprehensive health care services as defined in…. See Florida Statutes 631.814
- HMO: means a health maintenance organization possessing a valid certificate of authority issued by the office pursuant to part I of chapter 641. See Florida Statutes 631.814
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Plan: means the Florida Health Maintenance Organization Consumer Assistance Plan created by this part. See Florida Statutes 631.814
As used in this part, the term:
(1) “Plan” means the Florida Health Maintenance Organization Consumer Assistance Plan created by this part.
(2) “Board” means the board of directors of the plan.
(3) “Contractual obligations” means any obligation under covered health care policies.
(4) “Covered policy” means any policy or contract issued by an HMO for health care services.
(5) “Date of insolvency” means the effective date of an order of liquidation entered by a court of competent jurisdiction.
(6) “Health care services” means comprehensive health care services as defined in s. 641.19.
(7) “HMO” means a health maintenance organization possessing a valid certificate of authority issued by the office pursuant to part I of chapter 641.
(8) “Insolvent HMO” means an HMO against which an order of rehabilitation or liquidation has been entered by a court of competent jurisdiction, with the department appointed as receiver, even if such order has not become final by the exhaustion of appellate reviews.
(9) “Person” means any individual, corporation, partnership, association, or voluntary organization.
(10) “Subscriber” means any resident of this state who is enrolled for benefits provided by an HMO and who makes premium payments or for whom premium payments are made.