Terms Used In Florida Statutes 633.322
- Department: means the Department of Financial Services. See Florida Statutes 633.102
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Fire protection system: means a system individually designed to protect the interior or exterior of a specific building or buildings, structure, or other special hazard from fire. See Florida Statutes 633.102
(1) This chapter does not limit the power of a municipality, county, or special district to regulate the quality and character of work performed by contractors through a system of permits, fees, and inspections which are designed to secure compliance with, and aid in the implementation of, state and local building laws or to enforce other local laws for the protection of the public health and safety.
(2) This chapter does not limit the power of a municipality, county, or special district to adopt any system of permits requiring submission to and approval by the municipality, county, or special district of plans and specifications for work to be performed by contractors before commencement of the work, except that a municipality, county, or special district may not require a fire protection system contractor’s shop drawings to be sealed by a professional engineer.
(3) An official authorized to issue building or other related permits shall ascertain that the applicant contractor is duly certified before issuing the permit. The evidence shall consist only of the exhibition to him or her of evidence of current certification.
(4) The State Fire Marshal shall inform each county and municipal building department, prior to November 1 of each year, of the names of the certified contractors and the type of certificate held.