Terms Used In Florida Statutes 817.704
- Buyer: means any individual who is solicited to purchase, or who purchases, the services of a credit service organization. See Florida Statutes 817.7001
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Credit service organization: means any person who, with respect to the extension of credit by others, sells, provides, performs, or represents that he or she can or will sell, provide, or perform, in return for the payment of money or other valuable consideration, any of the following services:1. See Florida Statutes 817.7001
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- person: includes individuals, children, firms, associations, joint adventures, partnerships, estates, trusts, business trusts, syndicates, fiduciaries, corporations, and all other groups or combinations. See Florida Statutes 1.01
- Service of process: The service of writs or summonses to the appropriate party.
- writing: includes handwriting, printing, typewriting, and all other methods and means of forming letters and characters upon paper, stone, wood, or other materials. See Florida Statutes 1.01(b) The terms and conditions of payment, including the total of all payments to be made by the buyer, specifying the amount of the payments to be made to the credit service organization or to some other person;(c) A full and detailed description of the services to be performed by the credit service organization for the buyer, including all guarantees and all promises of full or partial refunds, and the estimated date by which the services are to be performed or the estimated length of time for performing the services; and(d) The credit service organization’s principal business address and the name and address of its agent in the state authorized to receive service of process.
NOTICE OF CANCELLATION
You may cancel this contract, without any penalty or obligation, within 5 days from the date the contract is signed.
If you cancel any payment made by you under this contract, it will be returned within 10 days following receipt by the credit service organization of your cancellation notice.
To cancel this contract, mail or deliver a signed dated copy of this cancellation notice, or any other written notice to:
(name of credit service organization)   at
(address of credit service organization)  ,
(place of business)   not later than midnight
I hereby cancel this transaction   (date)  .
(purchaser’s signature)  .
The credit service organization shall give to the buyer a copy of the completed contract and all other documents the credit service organization requires the buyer to sign at the time they are signed.