Terms Used In Florida Statutes 827.01
- Child: means any person under the age of 18 years. See Florida Statutes 827.01
- person: includes individuals, children, firms, associations, joint adventures, partnerships, estates, trusts, business trusts, syndicates, fiduciaries, corporations, and all other groups or combinations. See Florida Statutes 1.01
As used in this chapter:
(1) “Caregiver” means a parent, adult household member, or other person responsible for a child‘s welfare.
(2) “Child” means any person under the age of 18 years.
(3) “Placement” means the giving or transferring of possession or custody of a child by any person to another person for adoption or with the intent or purpose of surrendering the control of the child.