Terms Used In Florida Statutes 944.710
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Department: means the Department of Corrections. See Florida Statutes 944.02
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
As used with respect to private operation of state correctional facilities and s. 944.105, the term:
(1) “Bidder” means any individual, partnership, corporation, or unincorporated association that submits a proposal with the department to construct, lease, or operate a private correctional facility.
(2) “Department” means the Department of Corrections.
(3) “Private correctional facility” means any facility, which is not operated by the department, for the incarceration of adults or juveniles who have been sentenced by a court and committed to the custody of the department.
(4) “Private correctional officer” means any full-time or part-time employee of a private vendor whose primary responsibility is the supervision, protection, care, and control of prisoners within a private correctional facility.
(5) “Private vendor” means any individual, partnership, corporation, or unincorporated association bound by contract with the department to construct, lease, or operate a private correctional facility.