|§ 1791||Providing or possessing contraband in prison|
|§ 1792||Mutiny and riot prohibited|
|§ 1793||Trespass on Bureau of Prisons reservations and land|
Terms Used In U.S. Code > Title 18 > Part I > Chapter 87 - Prisons
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Joint committee: Committees including membership from both houses of teh legislature. Joint committees are usually established with narrow jurisdictions and normally lack authority to report legislation.
- Joint resolution: A legislative measure which requires the approval of both chambers.
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Service of process: The service of writs or summonses to the appropriate party.
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- Testimony: Evidence presented orally by witnesses during trials or before grand juries.
- United States: as used in this title in a territorial sense, includes all places and waters, continental or insular, subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, except the Canal Zone. See 18 USC 5