|§ 85.011||Enforcement by persons in privity with the owner|
|§ 85.021||Enforcement by persons not in privity with the owner|
|§ 85.031||Remedies against personal property only; all lienors|
|§ 85.051||Time of bringing action|
Terms Used In Florida Statutes > Chapter 85 - Enforcement of Statutory Liens
- Attachment: A procedure by which a person's property is seized to pay judgments levied by the court.
- Board: means the State Board of Education, created pursuant to…. See Florida Statutes 159.843
- Code: means the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended, and the regulations and rulings issued thereunder. See Florida Statutes 159.843
- Commissioner: means the Commissioner of Education. See Florida Statutes 159.843
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- Department: means the Department of Education, created pursuant to…. See Florida Statutes 159.843
- Foreclosure: A legal process in which property that is collateral or security for a loan may be sold to help repay the loan when the loan is in default. Source: OCC
- Injunction: An order of the court prohibiting (or compelling) the performance of a specific act to prevent irreparable damage or injury.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- Mortgage: The written agreement pledging property to a creditor as collateral for a loan.
- person: includes individuals, children, firms, associations, joint adventures, partnerships, estates, trusts, business trusts, syndicates, fiduciaries, corporations, and all other groups or combinations. See Florida Statutes 1.01
- Personal property: All property that is not real property.
- Plaintiff: The person who files the complaint in a civil lawsuit.
- Qualified school construction bond: means a bond described in…. See Florida Statutes 159.843
- Qualified school construction facility: means a facility permitted to be financed with qualified school construction bonds pursuant to…. See Florida Statutes 159.843