Hawaii Revised Statutes 451K-13 – Revocation, suspension, denial, or condition of licenses; fines
[§451K-13] Revocation, suspension, denial, or condition of licenses; fines. In addition to any other acts or conditions provided by law, the director may refuse to renew, reinstate, or restore, or may deny, revoke, suspend, fine, or condition in any manner any license for any one or more of the following acts or conditions on the part of the applicant or licensed genetic counselor:
(1) Conviction by a court of competent jurisdiction of a crime that the director has determined to be of a nature that renders the individual convicted unfit to practice genetic counseling;
(2) Failure to report in writing to the director any disciplinary decision or rejection of license application or renewal related to genetic practice issued against the licensed genetic counselor or the applicant in any jurisdiction within thirty days of the disciplinary decision or within twenty days of licensure;
(3) Violation of recognized ethical standards for genetic counselors as set by the National Society of Genetic Counselors;
(4) Use of fraud, deception, or misrepresentation in obtaining a license;
(5) Revocation, suspension, or other disciplinary action by another state, territory, federal agency, or country against the licensed genetic counselor or applicant for any reason provided under this section; or
(6) Other just and sufficient cause that renders an individual unfit to practice genetic counseling.
Terms Used In Hawaii Revised Statutes 451K-13
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Director: means the director of health. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 451K-1
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- Genetic counselor: means a person licensed under this chapter who engages in genetic counseling practice. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 451K-1
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Licensed genetic counselor: means an individual who holds a license in good standing to practice genetic counseling under this chapter. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 451K-1