454M-8 Powers of commissioner. In addition to any other acts or conditions provided by law, the commissioner may:
Terms Used In Hawaii Revised Statutes 454M-8
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Mortgage: The written agreement pledging property to a creditor as collateral for a loan.
(1) Adopt, amend, or repeal rules, issue declaratory rulings or informal nonbinding interpretations, and investigate and act upon written consumer complaints;
(2) Grant, deny, forfeit, renew, reinstate, or restore the license of any mortgage servicer;
(3) Revoke, suspend, or otherwise limit the license of any mortgage servicer for any violation of the provisions in this chapter, or any rule or order of, or agreement with the commissioner;
(4) Report any violation of this chapter or violation of federal or state law to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau or other federal agency having jurisdiction over the licensee;
(5) Investigate and conduct hearings regarding any violation of this chapter, or any rule or order of or agreement with the commissioner; and
(6) Do any and all things necessary or incidental to the exercise of the commissioner’s power and duties, including the authority to conduct contested case proceedings under chapter 91.