|123-2||Divisions; formation of|
|123-3||Commander in chief; powers of|
|123-4||Officers; appointment; term|
|123-5||Enlisted personnel; term of service|
|123-7||Battalions and divisions|
Terms Used In Hawaii Revised Statutes > Chapter 123
- Beaches encumbered with easements in favor of the public: means any lands which lie along the shores of the State which are now, or may hereafter be, encumbered by easements granted in favor of the public for bathing, swimming, or other similar or related purposes and for foot passage. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 200-1
- Board: means the board of land and natural resources. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 200-1
- Chairperson: means the chairperson of the board of land and natural resources. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 200-1
- Department: means the department of business, economic development, and tourism. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 48-1
- Department: means the department of land and natural resources. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 200-1
- Equitable: Pertaining to civil suits in "equity" rather than in "law." In English legal history, the courts of "law" could order the payment of damages and could afford no other remedy. See damages. A separate court of "equity" could order someone to do something or to cease to do something. See, e.g., injunction. In American jurisprudence, the federal courts have both legal and equitable power, but the distinction is still an important one. For example, a trial by jury is normally available in "law" cases but not in "equity" cases. Source: U.S. Courts
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Injunction: An order of the court prohibiting (or compelling) the performance of a specific act to prevent irreparable damage or injury.
- Ocean waters: means all waters seaward of the shoreline within the jurisdiction of the State. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 200-1
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Political subdivision: means a county or other political subdivision created by the legislature pursuant to article VIII, section 1, of the constitution of the State. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 48-1
- Shoreline: means the upper reaches of the wash of the waves, usually evidenced by the edge of vegetation growth or by the upper limit of debris left by the wash of the waves. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 200-1