Terms Used In Hawaii Revised Statutes > Chapter 481J
- Consumer: means the purchaser, other than for purposes of resale, of a used motor vehicle primarily used for personal, family, or household purposes and subject to a warranty, and the spouse or child of the purchaser if the motor vehicle is transferred to the spouse or child during the duration of any warranty applicable to such motor vehicle, and any other person entitled by the terms of such warranty to enforce the obligations of the warranty. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 346-376
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- county: includes the city and county of Honolulu. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 54-17
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Department: means the department of human services. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 346-1
- Director: means the director of human services. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 346-1
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Financial assistance: means public assistance, except for payments for medical care, social service payments, transportation assistance, and emergency assistance under section 346-65, including funds received from the federal government. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 346-1
- Former foster youth: means a person formerly placed under the jurisdiction of the department as a foster child by the family court pursuant to chapter 587A who has attained the age of eighteen while under the placement responsibility of the department or who was under the placement responsibility of the department when a legally responsible caregiver was granted custody. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 346-16
- Homeless: means :
(1) An individual or family who lacks a fixed, regular, and adequate night-time residence; or
(2) An individual or family who has a primary night-time residence that is:
(A) A supervised publicly or privately operated shelter designed to provide temporary living accommodations;
(B) An institution that provides temporary residencefor individuals intended to be institutionalized; or
(C) A public or private place not designed for or ordinarily used as sleeping accommodations for human beings. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 346-361
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.
- Restitution: The court-ordered payment of money by the defendant to the victim for damages caused by the criminal action.
- Used motor vehicle: means a motor vehicle as that term is defined in section 481I-2, which has been purchased or transferred either after one year from the date of original delivery, or after twelve thousand miles of operation, whichever occurs first. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 346-376
- Warranty: means any undertaking in connection with the sale by a dealer of a used motor vehicle to refund, repair, replace, maintain, or take other action with respect to that used motor vehicle and provided at no extra charge beyond the price of the used motor vehicle. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 346-376
- Young adult: means a person who has attained the age of eighteen or older, but is less than twenty-one years of age. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 346-392