|624D-3||Issuance of subpoena|
|624D-4||Service of subpoena|
|624D-5||Deposition, production, and inspection|
|624D-6||Application to court|
|624D-7||Application to pending actions|
Terms Used In Hawaii Revised Statutes > Chapter 624D
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- articles: includes amended and restated articles of incorporation, and articles of merger. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 414D-14
- Articles: means the articles of incorporation. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 421C-1
- Association: means a consumer cooperative association. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 421C-1
- Bylaws: means the code or codes of rules (other than the articles) adopted pursuant to this chapter for the regulation or management of the affairs of the corporation irrespective of the name or names by which the rules are designated. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 414D-14
- Clerk of court: An officer appointed by the court to work with the chief judge in overseeing the court's administration, especially to assist in managing the flow of cases through the court and to maintain court records.
- Consumer cooperative association: means a group enterprise, organized on a cooperative basis and incorporated under this chapter such that:
(1) Each member has one vote and only one vote, except as may be altered in the articles or bylaws of a secondary cooperative by provision for voting by member organizations;
(2) The maximum rate at which any return is paid on share or membership capital is limited; and
(3) The allocation or distribution of net savings after making provision for such separate funds as may be required or specially permitted by statute, articles, or bylaws, is made to member patrons or to all patrons, in proportion to their patronage; or is allocated in a manner which benefits the general welfare of all of the members of the association. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 421C-1
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Corporation: means a nonprofit corporation unless otherwise specified. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 414D-14
- Deposition: An oral statement made before an officer authorized by law to administer oaths. Such statements are often taken to examine potential witnesses, to obtain discovery, or to be used later in trial.
- Directors: means individuals, designated in the articles or bylaws or elected by the incorporators, and their successors and individuals elected or appointed by any other name or title, to act as members of the board. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 414D-14
- Directors: means the board of directors of an association. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 421C-1
- Discovery: Lawyers' examination, before trial, of facts and documents in possession of the opponents to help the lawyers prepare for trial.
- Electric utility cooperative association: means a consumer cooperative association that provides electric utility service as a public utility. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 421C-1
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Member: means a member of either a stock or a nonstock association in accordance with section 421C-3. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 421C-1
- Net savings: means the total income of an association minus the costs of operation. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 421C-1
- Non-escheat patronage refunds: means patronage refunds from an electric utility cooperative association for which a five-year period has elapsed since the patronage refunds were made and for which no claims have been made by the patrons to whom the refunds were allocated. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 421C-1
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Person: includes any individual or entity. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 414D-14
- Proceeding: includes civil suit and criminal, administrative, and investigatory action. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 414D-14
- Share or membership capital: refers to the capital paid into an association by a member in accordance with section 421C-3. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 421C-1
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- Subpoena: A command to a witness to appear and give testimony.
- Testimony: Evidence presented orally by witnesses during trials or before grand juries.