|846D-1||Responsibility for system|
|846D-2||Juvenile justice information committee|
|846D-3||Responsibility of agencies|
|846D-4||Limitations on dissemination|
|846D-5||Responsibility of agencies|
Terms Used In Hawaii Revised Statutes > Chapter 846D
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- Arrest: Taking physical custody of a person by lawful authority.
- Auction: means any person engaged in the business of selling only motor vehicles by means of bidding at a public or private sale, but excludes an auctioneer and any person referred to in paragraph (1), (2), (4), or (5) in the definition of ["dealer"], or any person auctioning motor vehicles incidental to an auction of other assets, when the auctioneer or person acts in the respective capacity described in this section. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 437-1.1
- Board: means the motor vehicle industry licensing board created by this chapter. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 437-1.1
- Business: includes any activities regularly engaged in by any person or regularly caused to be engaged in by the person for the object of gain, benefit, or advantage, either direct or indirect. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 437-1.1
- Consumer: means any person who purchases, other than for purposes of resale, a motor vehicle for personal, family, household, or business use, any person to whom such motor vehicle is transferred for the same purposes during the duration of an express warranty applicable to such motor vehicle, and any other person entitled by the terms of such warranty to enforce the obligations of the warranty. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 437-1.1
- county: includes the city and county of Honolulu. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 1-22
- Dealer: includes "auction" as defined in this section or any person or entity not expressly excluded by this chapter who sells three or more vehicles within a calendar year, or who is engaged in the business of selling, soliciting, offering, or attempting to negotiate sales, purchases, or exchanges of motor vehicles or any interest therein, including options to purchase motor vehicles. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 437-1.1
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Motor vehicle: includes any vehicle, motor vehicle, or truck, as defined in sections 249-1 and 249-2, except for tractors, trailers, and amphibious vehicles. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 437-1.1
- Treasurer: means the director of finance of each county. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 437-1.1