Every person who corruptly attempts to influence a juror, or any person summoned or drawn as a juror, or chosen as an arbitrator or umpire, or appointed a referee, in respect to his verdict in, or decision of, any cause pending, or about to be brought before him, either:
1. By means of any communication, oral or written, had with him, except in the regular course or proceedings;
Terms Used In Idaho Code 18-1304
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Juror: A person who is on the jury.
- person: includes a corporation as well as a natural person;
Idaho Code 73-114
Verdict: The decision of a petit jury or a judge.
2. By means of any book, paper or instrument exhibited, otherwise than in the regular course of proceedings;
3. By means of any threat, intimidation, persuasion or entreaty; or,
4. By means of any promise or assurance of any pecuniary or other advantage; is guilty of a felony.