When a person is a public servant by reason of his appointment to a governmental entity board for which the person receives no salary or fees for his service on said board, it shall not constitute a violation of the provisions of subsection (1)(d) or (e) of section 18-1359, Idaho Code, for a public servant or for his relative to contract with the public body of which the public servant is a member if the procedures listed below are strictly observed. For purposes of this section, "relative" shall mean any person related to the public servant by blood or marriage within the second degree.
(1) The contract is competitively bid and the public servant or his relative submits the low bid; and
Terms Used In Idaho Code 18-1361A
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- person: includes a corporation as well as a natural person;
Idaho Code 73-114
(2) Neither the public servant nor his relative takes any part in the preparation of the contract or bid specifications, and the public servant takes no part in voting on or approving the contract or bid specifications; and
(3) The public servant makes full disclosure, in writing, to all members of the governing body, council or board of said public body of his interest or that of his relative and of his or his relative’s intention to bid on the contract; and
(4) Neither the public servant nor his relative has violated any provision of Idaho law pertaining to competitive bidding or improper solicitation of business.