(1) "CODIS" means the federal bureau of investigation’s combined DNA index system that allows the storage and exchange of DNA records submitted by state and local forensic laboratories.
Terms Used In Idaho Code 19-5502
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- person: includes a corporation as well as a natural person;
Idaho Code 73-114
State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories; and the words "United States" may include the District of Columbia and territories. See Idaho Code 73-114
(2) "Director" means the director of the Idaho state police.
(3) "DNA" means deoxyribonucleic acid.
(4) "DNA analysis" means the scientific test of a DNA sample for the purpose of obtaining a DNA profile.
(5) "DNA profile" means the list of one (1) or more genetic types determined for an individual based on variations in DNA sequence.
(6) "DNA record" means DNA information stored in the statewide DNA database system of the bureau of forensic services or CODIS and includes information commonly referred to as a DNA profile.
(7) "DNA sample" means a body fluid or tissue sample provided by any person convicted of a felony crime or any body fluid or tissue sample submitted to the statewide DNA database system for analysis pursuant to a criminal investigation or missing person investigation.
(8) "Forensic laboratory" means the bureau of forensic services of the Idaho state police.
(9) "Law enforcement purpose" means to assist federal, state or local criminal justice and law enforcement agencies within and outside the state of Idaho in identification or prosecution of felony crimes or other crimes and the identification and location of missing and unidentified persons.
(10) "Statewide DNA databank" means the state repository of DNA samples collected under this chapter.
(11) "Statewide DNA database system" means the DNA record system administered by the Idaho bureau of forensic services.