(1) There is hereby created the department of agriculture. The governor shall appoint a director of the department of agriculture, subject to the provisions of section 67-2404, Idaho Code. The director of the department of agriculture shall exercise all of the powers and duties necessary to carry out the proper administration of the department of agriculture. The department of agriculture shall, for the purposes of section 20, article IV, of the constitution of the state of Idaho, be an executive department of the state government.
(2) The director shall be a person who is qualified by training, knowledge and demonstrated ability or experience in agricultural pursuits and their management.
Terms Used In Idaho Code 22-101
- person: includes a corporation as well as a natural person;
Idaho Code 73-114
State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories; and the words "United States" may include the District of Columbia and territories. See Idaho Code 73-114
(3) The director is empowered to prescribe rules pursuant to law for the governance of the department.
(4) For the purposes of international trade, the director may use the title of secretary of the department.