|§ 2281||Congressional declaration of purpose|
|§ 2283||Membership on advisory committees|
|§ 2285||Budget prohibitions|
|§ 2286||Termination of committees|
Terms Used In U.S. Code > Title 7 > Chapter 55A
- advisory committee: means any committee, board, commission, council, conference, panel, task force, or other similar group, or any subcommittee or other subgroup thereof that is established or utilized by the Department of Agriculture in the interest of obtaining advice or recommendations for the President or the Department of Agriculture, except that such term excludes any committee which (A) is composed wholly of full-time officers or employees of the Federal Government, (B) is established by statute or reorganization plan, or (C) is established by the President. See
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- area: includes any Indian reservation (as defined in section 1985(e)(1)(D)(ii) 2 of this title). See
- association: when used in reference to a corporation, shall be deemed to embrace the words "successors and assigns of such company or association" in like manner as if these last-named words, or words of similar import, were expressed. See
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- county: includes a parish, or any other equivalent subdivision of a State or Territory of the United States. See
- Department of Agriculture: means the United States Department of Agriculture. See
- individual: shall include every infant member of the species homo sapiens who is born alive at any stage of development. See
- livestock: means cattle, elk, reindeer, bison, horses, deer, sheep, goats, swine, poultry (including egg-producing poultry), llamas, alpacas, live fish, crawfish, and other animals that--
- livestock producer: means --
(A) a person that is actively engaged in farming and that receives a substantial amount of total income from the production of grain or livestock, as determined by the Secretary, that is--
- officer: includes any person authorized by law to perform the duties of the office. See
- Secretary: means the Secretary of Agriculture of the United States. See
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.